I’ve started learning how to love myself…
This is a huge statement.
I adore the way I look and I’m so obsessed with myself – is this what you’re thinking? Thought so. In fact, this isn’t how i feel at all. I’ve just decided to take control of my negative thoughts and turn them into positive ones, which allows me to be the best person i can be and this has given me the opportunity to self-love.
For many years I allowed the weighing scales to dictate my happiness and self-worth. I gave my mind the freedom to find new flaws, over and over again. It’s not healthy nor will it make you happy. Loving yourself only makes you more attractive.
We live in a inspirational vs. aspirational world and it’s becoming increasingly difficult not to compare yourself to others online and stay totally true to yourself. We are judged and we abuse ourselves, our minds daily. Women need to treat themselves with a little more kindness and embrace their individuality because it’s what makes them unique.
I decided to turn this fashion blog post into a topic that means something to me and many others. I chose not to edit any of the images below and embrace who i am without a filter. How many people do this today? Not many.
I haven’t ever loved myself enough and I know I’m not alone, so I want to inspire others to embrace themselves. There’s so much more to life than worrying about cellulite or whether you look different to others.
I still have a scar on my cheek, spots on my chin, cellulite on my thighs but every day I’m learning to love myself more. Here’s how you can do it too.
- Recognise and appreciate your good qualities – stop pointing out your flaws and remind yourself of what your mind and body can do. Think about those times you have accomplished something in life, print it out and stick it somewhere you can see it.
- Turn the negatives into positives – this is very hard to do if you’re stuck in a negative rut. However you can do this by looking at the negative thought/phrase and find a positive. You will have to look beyond, but once you find it you will see things differently.
- Appreciate compliments – most women find it hard to accept them. Think about it, someone has noticed you, this is special when there’s so many people in the world. Enjoy the compliment and smile, it will make you feel better.
- Don’t weigh yourself – when I stepped off the scale I felt better about myself. Only focus on how your clothes feel on you. If they feel a little tight, you have the control to fix that, if you don’t want to, just get a bigger size up 😉 The scales lie!
- Wear makeup or clothes that empowers you – nothing beats a red lipstick or high heels, so if it makes you feel good, wear it.
- Stop worrying about what other people think – for years I have done this and i struggle now. I stop myself from doing this, by thinking why do they care about what I am doing or wearing? They have their own lives to get on with. You’re entitled to live the life you want!
Have you learned how to love yourself? I would love to know! Comment below or tweet me.
Love CJ x